lördag 5 april 2014

Revell Junkers Ju 88A4 - Part II

Work on cockpit area of the Junkers continues and one issue becomes apparent as I progress. In my opinion at least. this kit is ridiculously over-engineered in almost comical German fashion. The fuselage assembly around cockpit area consists of two parts that look like two letters L, bottom parts of which are supposed to fit together. Backend of this section is then supposed to fit into the rest of the fuselage - no problem there. The nose is then constructed out of several bits and pieces that go on top and bottom, some of them made out of clear plastic and it is crucial that everything fits together with very small tolerances, otherwise you're looking forward to rather advanced filing and filling session. This task proved in my case beyond my skills and I will now have to figure out how to mask a very visible gap between the fuselage and belly section of cockpit gondola.

This being said, I am still in awe of the detail of this kit straight out of the box.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar